With World Cancer Day around the corner, we’ve been reflecting on the power of a healthy lifestyle when it comes to the prevention of disease. At the end of the day we’re human, and disease can feel like a game of Russian Roulette…no matter what we do, sickness can still happen. So we look at preventative health as reducing the number of bullets in the chamber, which makes an undeniable difference.
Making informed choices that protect and enhance our immunity and normal function can further protect us from potential health challenges. And lucky us, we run a whole store dedicated to an immunity powerhouse: Hemp.
Hemp foods for holistic health
When it comes to nutrition, Hemp hosts a powerhouse of health benefits. Packed with essential amino acids, vitamins and minerals, hemp protein not only supports muscle development but also plays a vital role in bolstering the immune system. Numerous studies have underlined the nutritional prowess of hemp protein, making it an invaluable addition to any diet.
Turning our attention to another Hemp gem, hemp seed oil proves to be a treasure trove of goodness. Abundant in omega-3 fatty acids, this oil exhibits amazing potential in promoting heart health and combatting inflammation. As more research goes in to hemp seed oil, it’s multitude of benefits only come into sharper focus.
Nurturing your body from the outside in
Our journey to health includes far more than what we put in our body. Our porous and absorbent skin is our first defence against harmful environmental factors, and plays a vital role in keeping us well. Studies suggest that absorbing certain chemicals through the skin can contribute to long-term health issues.
Hemp makes incredible skincare. The perfect ratio of omegas not only hydrate and nourish the skin, but they also regulate skin cell function, which plays a huge role in the long term health of your skin. Coupled with natural fibre, we further protect ourselves from the absorption of harmful chemicals.
Everyday choices for long term wellness
Connecting the dots between dietary choices, skincare routines and overall wellbeing, a powerful narrative emerges. It’s evident that everyday decisions pivot the direction of our long-term health. Whether it’s adding hemp protein to a smoothie or choosing skincare with recognisable, natural ingredients, these choices contribute to overall wellness.
Beyond Hemp, we offer a range of wellness products that all contribute to cultivating long term health and wellbeing, including Hemp Oil, functional mushrooms, terpene blends and essential oils. We back our wellness range, and have experienced first hand the benefits of them, but we tell our customers everyday that you get the best out of one of these more medicinal products when your body is supported by a healthy diet and lifestyle. Your everyday choices lay the foundation for the efficacy of any therapeutic application, so choose wisely.
We have an informed team of helpful individuals at the Hemp Store that are always happy to chat about your health goals and how hemp can help you. Feel free to reach out to us over the phone, through our social media channels or via email, or come down to the Woy Woy store and say hi!
If you’d like to learn more about World Cancer Day, click on to their website at worldcancerday.org
- Callaway J, Schwab U, Harvima I, Halonen P, Mykkänen O, Hyvönen P, Järvinen T. Efficacy of dietary hempseed oil in patients with atopic dermatitis. J Dermatolog Treat. 2005 Apr;16(2):87-94. doi: 10.1080/09546630510035832. PMID: 16019622.
- Rodriguez-Leyva, D., Pierce, G. N., (2010). The cardiac and haemostatic effects of dietary hempseed. Nutrition & Metabolism, 7(1), 32.
- Booz, G. W. (2011). Cannabidiol as an emergent therapeutic strategy for lessening the impact of inflammation on oxidative stress. Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 51(5), 1054-1061.
- Vaughn, A. R., Clark, A. K., Sivamani, R. K., Shi, V. Y. (2018). Natural Oils for Skin-Barrier Repair: Ancient Compounds Now Backed by Modern Science. American Journal of Clinical Dermatology, 19(1), 103–117.
- House, J. D., Neufeld, J., Leson, G. (2010). Evaluating the quality of protein from hemp seed (Cannabis sativa L.) products through the use of the protein digestibility-corrected amino acid score method. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 58(22), 11801-11807.